Mathematics Logo

Bangor University - School of Computer Science

Mathematics Home Page at Bangor

University of Wales Crest


Welcome to the Bangor Mathematics Web Pages

Mathematics was one of the founding departments when the University opened in 1884.
Having been a Department of Mathematics; then separate Departments of Pure and Applied Mathematics; and later a School of Mathematics;
it's final form was as the Mathematics Division in the School of Informatics.

When the University was reorganised into Colleges in August 2006, what was left of Mathematics became part of the new School of Computer Science.
The final cohort of Mathematics graduates obtained their degrees in July 2007.

When Mathematics was closed, the university expressed the hope that this was a temporary measure. The new vice-chancellor, Prof. John Hughes, has stated his firm intention to resurrect the School of Mathematics over the coming months, with the following tentative timetable:

A number of retired staff retain honorary research positions, and this site aims to be an archive of past and current research.
It also provides links to Popularisation activities, such as the Centre for the Popularisation of Mathematics
and the Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses in North-West Wales.


The 30th series of the Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses for young people in North-West Wales
commenced on January 11th, 2014, and will finish on March 8th with the presentation of certificates.
The Masterclasses are supported in 2014 by:


 

Select one of the following options: View from College Park along the coast to Conwy. view from College Park along the coast to Conwy

 


School of Computer Science home page
Bangor University home page
Latest modification to this page: 12/11/13